Here is a recipe for Coconut Macaroons (not to be confused with Macarons ☺️)...
These might very well be the easiest cookie recipe you’ll ever make. You literally need 5 ingredients to make these at home!
We have dipped ours in a glaze made with dark chocolate but you can enjoy them on their own.
Crispy on the outside with a soft chewy middle, they are seriously addictive little cookies!
Oh, and did we forget to mention they are gluten-free? Make them keto-friendly by subbing the sweetened coconut for unsweetened, the sugar and chocolate for white sugar and chocolate substitutes and omitting the cornstarch ❤️
This recipes makes approximately 24 small cookies but can be doubled easily.
- • 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- • 1/4 cup sugar (50g)
- • 2 1/2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut (190g, or 1, 7oz pkg)
- • 1 tablespoon cornstarch (8g)
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt (1g)
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (3g)
- • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate (best quality you can find) (90g)
- • 2 teaspoons coconut oil (10g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour in the sweetened coconut, cornstarch salt and vanilla extract. Mix together thoroughly until well combined and set aside.
- Next, place the egg whites in a clean, grease free mixing bowl. Then using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium-high until they begin to foam. Then add in the sugar slowly about a tablespoon at a time until glossy stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the coconut mix with a spatula, being careful not to deflate the whites too much and lose all the aeration you’ve created.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop the batter onto the lined pan. If you do not have a cookie scoop, use a tablespoon and shape into small mounds. You can also make them bigger if you prefer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. (More or less depending on the size of your cookies and how crispy you like them) We baked ours for 15 minutes. After they are done, place on a wire rack to cool.
- While they cool, make the chocolate glaze. Place the chocolate pieces and coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl and heat for about 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is melted and a glaze forms when stirred.
- When the macaroons are cooled, dip the bottoms in the glaze and put them back on the parchment paper lined baking tray and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes until chocolate sets. Enjoy 😊!