These delightful buttery cookies are perfect for the holiday. Easy to whip up and so tasty!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (240g)
- ½ cup icing sugar (60g)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract (5g)
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur (45g) optional
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour (325g)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped (130g)
- ½ teaspoon salt (3g)
- Extra Icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, ground walnuts and salt together in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- Cream the softened butter and the icing sugar in a mixer with paddle attachment for about 2 minutes or until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the vanilla extract and Amaretto liqueur and mix again until incorporated.
- Next, add in the flour mixture and mix slowly until just incorporated.
- Form dough into small 1-11/2 “balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for15 minutes - 20. The longer you bake the crispier the cookie will get.
- When they’re still warm but cool enough to touch, roll cookies in icing sugar the first time, then roll them again when the cookies are completely cool.